Print PDF


1. Who is the approving authority for study leave application?

Currently, the approving authority for study leave application of the Federal Officer is the PSD except for the following ministries:

  • Ministry of Education
  • Ministry of Defence
  • Ministry of Health
  • Ministry of Higher Education
  • Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation

2. What is the procedure for study leave application?

Official application must be submitted to the applicant's Human Resource Management Division before sending it to the PSD.
Applicant should submit the following documents:

  • Head of Department'ss letter of support.
  • In-service training application form - JPA(L)LDP1B/96 (amendment 2003)
  • Offer letter from the university
  • A copy of service book

3. When the application can be made?

The study leave application can be made throughout the year.

4. How long is the duration of study leave can be granted?

The duration of study leave that may be granted would be based on the duration of the course offered by the university; and subject to the terms and conditions.

5. What are the terms and conditions for the application?

  • The terms and conditions for the study leave application can be referred to the "Garis Panduan Kemudahan Cuti Belajar Kepada Pegawai Awam Yang Mengikuti Kursus Jangka Sederhana dan Kursus Jangka Panjang Secara Sepenuh Masa" in the PSD's website Cuti Belajar