Profile of Public Service Department of Malaysia
- High Performing, integrity, dynamic and citizen centric Public Service
- Leading the Development of Public Service Human Resource
- To rationalise the size of the public service through a systematic and structured human resource planning by conducting a comprehensive manpower projection
- To provide the public service with service schemes and organisational structure that is relevant, flexible and able to respond to current needs
- To develop the best and competent human capital to meet the public service's strategic needs through dynamic training policies and sponsorship programmes
- To manage civil servants and develop human resource management policies through strategic and effective service policies formulation and implementation
- To formulate policies and guidelines relating to psychology services according to current needs to enhance human resource development in the public service
- To emphasise on the welfare of retirees and pension recipients through improvement of post-service policies
- To introduce a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package to the civil servants and develop a harmonious employer-employee relationship
- To enhance the quality of service delivery through application of technology in human resource management
PSD CORE VALUES / CODE OF ETHICS
- Wisdom and Credibility
- Continuous Learning
- To determine the roles of the public sector;
- To determine the organisational size and structure of the public agencies;
- To determine the requirement and development of human resource;
- To determine pension and retirement benefits;
- To determine the implications of privatization/separation on the public sector human resource; and
- To develop strategic alliances and networking.
- To determine Organisational Development Policies;
- To determine Career Development Policy;
- To develop Career Path;
- To develop Succession Planning; and
- To determine Training Policy.
- To manage the appointment, emplacement, remuneration, promotion, retirement benefits, service conditions, employer-employee relations, training and human resource database;
- To formulate and clarify policies on the above mentioned matters to implementer agencies;
- To manage policies monitoring; and
- To manage policies evaluation.
"DRIVING PUBLIC SERVICE TRANSFORMATION "