Looking At The Places & Locations of Operation of PSD
The establishment of the PSD began in Singapore in 1934 when it was known as the Malayan Establishment Office (MEO) and operated from the City Hall. When the administration shifted to Malaya in 1954, the office was relocated to Kuala Lumpur at the Federal House, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin. The increase in functions and size required the PSD to move to a new location at the UMBC Building, Jalan Sulaiman and then to Sulaiman Building, Jalan Damansara and later on to Wisma Bernama, Jalan Tun Razak. At the same time, several divisions providing counter services were placed at the Kuala Lumpur city centre to enable easy access by the public such as the Consultancy and Record Division at Wisma PKNS, Jalan Raja Laut; Pensions Division at KWSG Building, Jalan Kampong Attap and the Training and Career Development Division at PERKIM Building, Jalan Raja Laut.
Only in 1993, were all of the divisions successfully placed under one roof when the PSD moved to their own building at the PSD Complex, Jalan Tun Ismail, Kuala Lumpur. To improve service delivery to customers in East Malaysia, branches of the Pension Division were established in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and Kuching, Sarawak. In 2001, the PSD moved to Complex C at the Federal Government Administrative Centre in Putrajaya, following the Government's decision to centralise all federal government offices in one location. The Competency Management Branch was located at Sapura Building @ Mines, Seri Kembangan before moving to Menara Seri Wilayah, Putrajaya in November 2012. Following the reorganisation of the PSD in 2009, three divisions were moved to the MKN-Embassy Techzone Building, Cyberjaya. The divisions are the Information Management Division, the Psychological Management Division and the Remuneration Division.