According to the Service Circular Letter No. 3 Year 2009, the officers that are required to complete the Special Performance Appraisal Report Form are as follows:
Any officer being considered for promotion after acting for at least six (6) months. The Special Performance Appraisal Report is needed when the Annual Performance Appraisal Report for the previous year did not evaluate their performance in the current post; and
Any officer who has been acting for more than six (6) months in the current year and will be considered for promotion before the Annual Performance Appraisal Report exercise for that particular year is carried out at the end of the year.
According to the Service Circular Letter No. 3 Year 2009, the appraiser is determined as follows:
The appraiser must have a work relationship with, and directly supervise, the appraisee;
The supervision period is not less than six (6) months; and
The evaluation is only carried out by the first appraiser.
The required mark for the Special Performance Appraisal Report is 20% if it is used collectively with the Annual Performance Appraisal Report. The required mark for the Annual Performance Appraisal Report is 80% of the overall marks for three consecutive years, of which the percentage is 20% for the first year, 35% for the second year and 45% for the third year.
The purpose of the Special Performance Appraisal Report is to evaluate the current performance of an officer. It is needed when the Annual Performance Appraisal Report has not assessed an officer in their current post.
According to the Service Circular Letter No. 3 Year 2009, the other purposes of the Special Performance Appraisal Report are as follows:
- Appointment to another service;
- Contract appointment;
- Secondment; and
- Temporary transfer.
Yes, the Annual Performance Appraisal Report is compulsory for all public servants, whether they are permanent, temporary or under contract.
Officer who are appointed at the end of the year are required to fill up the Annual Performance Appraisal Report after six (6) months’ service.
There is no need because the particular officer did not carry out any work which can be assessed for that year.
They can, provided that a working and supervisory relationship exists where the officer being assessed is directly responsible to the first assessor.
The Panel can modify and re-allocate marks if there is good cause to do so.
According to the Service Circular No. 4 Year 2002, the purposes of the implementation of the performance appraisal system are as follows:
- a. To find the most suitable placement and career path according to the officer’s potential, competencies and career development; and
- To decide on the suitability and qualification for promotion, acting, temporary transfer and secondment.
According to the Service Circular No. 4 Year 2002, the main principles in implementing performance appraisal are as follows:
- The objective, fair and transparent implementation of performance assessment;
- That appraisal is based on the quality of work and the personal characteristic of the assessed officer in terms of the achievement of the organization’s objective; and
- To encourage positive competition to increase quality and productivity.
Policies referred to are as follows:
- Service Circular No. 13 of 2012 - Penganugerahan Pingat Perkhidmatan Cemerlang Dan Pemberian Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang; and
- Development Administrative Circular (DAC) No. 2 of 2002 - Pekeliling Kemajuan Pentadbiran Awam (PKPA) Bilangan 2 Tahun 2002. The conditions under which an APC is given are as follows:
- has completed one year of service on the last day of the assessment year;
- achieved 85% or above for the Annual Performance Appraisal Report; and
- contributions and activities are taken into account.
If an officer has had the disciplinary action imposed of a deferment of salary movement or a reduction of salary, the officer does not qualify for movement of salary during the duration of the penalty.
- Corporate Info
- JPA Profile
- Organisational Chart
- Chronology of DGPS
- Programme & Division
- Client's Charter
- Calendar of Events
- PUSPANITA JPA
- Joint Department Council
- Scheme of Service & Establishment
- Allowances and Incentives
- Training / Sponsorship
- Psychology and Counselling
- Political Civil Servants
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
- JPA Staff