Legal Advisors Office
Puan Norizan binti Arifin
To provide a quality and professional legal advice in accordance with the Federal Constitution and the laws of Malaysia for the Government.
- Provide legal advice in respect of matters referred to it by the Government.
- Assist in the interpretation of laws as and when required by the Government.
- Draft or vet legal documents such as legal notices, agreements and memorandum of understanding to which the Government is a party to ensure that the interest of the Government is protected.
- Conduct research or studies on legal matters as and when required by the Government.
- Provide advice on matters in which the Government intends to regulate and prepare draft bills on such matters, if any, to reflect the policy decisions as may be made by the Government and submit the draft bills to the Parliamentary Draftsman for approval.
- Participate in contract negotiations in respect of the Government projects in particular the privatization and ICT projects.
- Attend meetings upon the invitation of the Government agencies, and to provide legal advice on matters discussed to ensure that any policy decision made by the Government is in accordance with the law.
- Participate in knowledge sharing or training sessions in legal matters by providing legal expertise, to both the Government and non-government agencies.
- Hits: 2304